Tuesday, August 2, 2011

2011 Summer Trip to New England #7





















Tuesday, we headed back to Boston to go to Mike's City Diner that is in Guy Fieri's book, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. This time we made it just fine with no traffic. However, parking wasn't easy. The diner is one block from Massachusetts General Hospital and there was few parking spaces on the street. After driving around the block a few times we finally got a parking spot right in front of the hospital and had to walk one block to the diner. The streets there are full of these old row houses (1st pic) that I'm sure doctors, nurses and interns live-in. Some of them were very very nice. Must be nice to be able to walk to work. Wednesday, Jim and I took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. It was a wonderful day. We ate lunch at a little deli (I was feeling guilty about eating fish constantly since I've been in New England so Jim got to pick lunch today). After lunch I had a wonderful time visiting all the little shops, and Jim found a few geochaches. I loved the little cottages there and lots of gingerbread looking houses. It was so quaint. (3rd pic). We topped the afternoon off with another Dell's Lemonade before board the ferry back to Falmouth. Thursday, we thought it would be fun to take the dogs to a dog friendly beach. We located one in Marshfield, Ma. It was a really nice beach. Jim and I brought our chairs and I brought a blanket for the dogs. They spent the whole time digging in the sand, getting sand in their noses and eyes. After a few minutes of being there they looked at me as if to say, can we go home now? They were not impressed with the beach or the water. I thought after swimming in the pond and seeming to enjoy themselves in R.I. I thought they might like the water this time but no way. We were entertained by a seagull at the beach all afternoon. He was the fattest seagull on the beach and he would watch people leave their blankets and food baskets to go to the water and he would swoop in and grab a bag of chips. Some of the bags were already opened so he would just shake it and then eat up all the chips. When other seagulls would try to get in on the feed it would chase them off. One time he grabbed a bag that was not opened and no problem. He knew exactly what to do. He stood on it and then popped it with his beek and shake it all over the place and ate it up. So if you ever wanted to know what too many carbs do, you should of seen the size difference in this seagull versus his friends. I tried to get a picture of him but he was too fast for me to get up close and too far to get a picture from where I was sitting. Darn. It would have made a great video clip.







No comments: