Thursday, August 11, 2011

2011 Summer Trip to New England #12















Tuesday we started off having a lazy day. I did some laundry and then we watched a movie. After the movie we decided to take a ride to Kittery, Maine to check out a diner our friends Chuck and Donna Tolson from our Good Sam Camping club told us about, Bob's Clam Hut. This diner was featured on Guy Fieri's food show but it is not in my book, but since we were so close we had to check it out. The place was packed and I know why. The food was delicious. I'm not a big fan of fried clams, but since we were at Bob's Clam Hut, I figured I better try some of his clams. They were the best clams I have ever had. After eating we stopped at a few outlets. Kittery is Outlet mecca for sure. For our ride back to the RV we decided to take A1A home starting from Kittery Point. What a beautiful ride. We stopped at several coves and watched people fishing and talking with some of the locals. Jim can't believe how friendly people in Maine are. He said its hard to believe Maine is part of New England because these folks are just plain nice and not abrupt when talking. We discovered all kinds of out of the way vacation meccas along the coast. The first picture doesn't do it justice but the waves were crashing up to the top of this rock wall. Surfers were also out there surfing. Wednesday, we did some more shopping (or should I say I did more shopping) and Jim did some geocaching (He has picked up quite a few new Geocaches on this trip in several states). We discovered a really neat place called Perkins Cove. There were lots of restaurants, and shops, people were fishing and lobster boats were bringing in their catch. We had a great time watching all the activities and of course I checked out the little shops. Jim's geocaching hobby has caused us to discover areas we wouldn't have known about otherwise. Thursday we head to Connecticut to visit with more family.

No comments: